Our members are veterans who have served with the following regiments of the British Army
If your cap badge appears above then you are most likely to already be a life member. You may have joined whilst serving or you became eligible via the days pay scheme.
Full membership is open to all ranks including adult instructors of the A.C.F and C.C.F. units.
We also welcome as Associates those Servicemen and Women who have served as attached personnel.
Finally we have a category for Branch Associates. This is for friends of the Regiment, interested persons from other corps, regiments or services and the public.
To maintain contact between past and present members of our Regiment and its predecessors by meeting socially, organising events, reunions, visits etc.
To offer comradeship and welfare.
To assist past and present members
We have branches throughout the three counties recruiting area with a couple outside the area
Each branch of the Association has it’s own page on this website. The purpose of this is to;
Give each branch a web presence.
To give branches the facility to publish details, news and photographs from the branch
If you think that you have anything from your branch that you would like to see on the branch page then please email the webmaster
Click on the marker for more details of that branch
The Members Portal
The members portal is only open to membersof the association. To gain entry members will have to register, using the form below and once authorised by a member of the admin team you will be able to enter the portal and access the area which are not open to the public. Read more..........
The Colonel in Chief: HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh KG KT OM GBE AC QSO,
HRH The Duke of Gloucester KG GCVO
Brig PE O’R-B Davidson-Houston CBE
The Association is undergoing a reorganisation at present. As soon as details are available they will be published here
posted 15th Septemebr 2017
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE PRESIDENT’S AWARD
1. The President’s Award is awarded to an Association member who has given exceptional service to his Branch.
2. Branches will make nominations to their Executive Committee member who will submit his top 3 nominations to the Regimental Secretary Gloucester or Salisbury at least 3 weeks before the first meeting in the year (normally in March). It is the responsibility of the Executive Committee Member to approach his Branches for nominations. A citation should describe why the member should receive an award and highlighting his achievements in no more than 200 hundred words.
3. There are to be no more than one nomination per Branch per year and no more than 3 nominations per Committee Member per year.
4. The Executive Committee will consider the citations at their first meeting in the year. Citations will be scored using the MS scoring system with marks out of 10 with the spread of scores being no greater than 2 from each Committee Member. Generally the top 3 nominations will receive an award each year though in exceptional cases and approved by the President, this number may be exceeded.
5. Awards will be normally presented by the President or by someone nominated by him for example, an Honorary President or the Association Chairman. Awards will be presented at a reunion (in Gloucester, Salisbury, Reading and Devizes) in the same year they are nominated. The citation of the recipient is to be read out publically prior to him receiving the award.
(If you know of any more trusts, clubs or groups that would like to be represented on this site and who uphold the aims, value and standards of the Association then please email the webmaster. Similarly, if any amendments are required to links and email addresses then please contact the webmaster.)
The Regimental Association of The Rifles and RGBW http://www.rgbw-association.org.uk/
Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum http://www.glosters.org.uk/
Gloucestershire Regiment Museum Trust
Friends of the Soldiers of Gloucestershire Museum http://www.glosters.org.uk/friends/
The Rifles (Berkshire and Wiltshire) Wardrobe and Museum http://www.thewardrobe.org.uk/home
The Rifles Wardrobe and Museum Trust
Friends of the Rifles Wardrobe and Museum (The Redcoats Society) https://wardrobe-friends.org.uk/
GLOSTERS Veterans' Club
Band of the GLOSTERS
Back Badge (GLOSTERS) Officers Lunch
Slashers' Golf Society http://www.glosters.org/golf.htm
GLOSTERS WOs' & Sgts Mess Past (including RGBW)
The Farmers Boys' Reunion http://www.farmersboys.net/derr14.html
59-94 DERR Officers' Luncheon Club
Famers Boys' Golf Society http://www.rgbw-association.org.uk/index.php/clubs-societies/4-farmer-s-boys-golf
Illustrious Remnants Lunch Club
4th/5th WILTS Lunch Club
DERR WOs & Sgts Past Dinner Club
DERR Band Reunion
Whitehall Remembrance Parade 2018 The Association secretary has been asked by a few members about t [ ... ]
GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND BRISTOL
BACK BADGE REUNION
SATURDAY 24th MARCH 2018 The 2018 Back Badge Reunion [ ... ]